Rainy Day Activities in Wilmington
Even if it’s a rainy day in Wilmington there are still plenty of fun things to do. You don’t have to stay at home waiting for the rain to stop. Here are a few ideas of super fun things to do in Wilmington rain or shine.
– Check out some of Wilmington’s great museums. There’s the Cape Fear Museum of Science and History which has lots of interesting exhibits related to southeastern North Carolina. The Children’s Museum is loads of fun for younger children. There are plenty of hands on activities for families to enjoy together there. The Wilmington Railroad Museum is a great place to visit and while you’re there make sure you see their huge working model train exhibit. The Cape Fear Serpentarium gives visitors a chance to see and learn about many rare and dangerous snakes and lizards from all over the world. The Cameron Art Museum is also a great place to visit and enjoy their various art exhibits.
– Go to the movies. Wilmington has a couple of options if you want to escape the rain and watch a movie. There is the Regal Cinema at Mayfaire as well as the Carmike Cinema in the Market Street/Kerr Avenue area.
– Do some shopping. Independence Mall is a great shopping option on a rainy day. There are many stores and restaurants to choose from without leaving the building. You could also try out the Cotton Exchange downtown. It houses many wonderful little shops and restaurants in one building where you can shop and enjoy the historic quaint feeling of downtown Wilmington.
– Go ice skating or roller skating. Try your ice skating skills at the Wilmington Ice House in Ogden. For roller skating there’s Jelly Beans on Oleander Drive or Scooter’s on Shipyard Boulevard.
– Bowling is a lot of fun on a rainy day, and there are plenty of places to play. There are two Cardinal Lanes locations, one in north Wilmington and one toward the south. Ten Pin Alley is near UNCW and if you’re downtown you might want to cross the bridge and try out Thunder Alley in Leland.
– Take the children to storytime at the library. There are four branches of New Hanover County libraries, so chances are there is one nearby. Each branch has a different storytime schedule. Check the library website or call to find out if there’s a storytime going on the next time you’re looking for a rainy day activity to entertain your little ones.
If you like this page, you’ll love:
Cheap and Free Things to Do in Wilmington
Wilmington Area Attractions
Got a Dog? Find Information on Wilmington NC Dog Parks